The term “Standard Pipe” refers to steel pipe manufactured for use in a wide variety of applications that require strength, durability and ease of fabrication. Because of its many advantages, Standard Pipe is the material of choice in such diverse applications as conveying fluid and gaseous mediums, water wells, fencing, foundation pilings, building and bridge construction and many others.
Products are produced in a variety of steels including carbon and alloys, galvanized, weathering and HSLA and to meet various ASTM, API, government and customer specifications. Pipe can be supplied with several different types of ends: threaded-and-coupled, beveled or grooved. Three principal processes: electric resistance welding, butt (continuous) welding and seamless – are used in the manufacture of Standard Pipe.
Here are the principal benefits you get from Standard Pipe:
- Strength– The high strength-to-weight ratios of Standard Pipe give it excellent load-bearing capabilities.
- Uniformity – Standard Pipe has uniform wall thickness and excellent concentricity, simplifying fabrication and reducing material costs.
- Close Tolerances– Standard Pipe offers exceptionally close tolerances for OD, ID and wall thickness dimensions.
- Surface Quality– OD and ID surfaces of Standard Pipe are smooth and defect-free.
- Cost-Effective – Close tolerances reduce waste and scrap loss, making fabrication and installation of Standard Pipe more efficient.